Apr 17, 2010

Jake: Story Of A Hitman --- This is my plan.

It occurred to me last night as I was finishing the final draft of the SOAH script that I may effectively bite off more than I can chew during the shoot. It also made clear that I will be trying my hardest to make a $1000 movie look like a $50,000 movie and that this may or may not be a bad thing.

The script of 'Story Of A Hitman' plays like a dance. The action scenes will require the actors to dive around, throw themselves about, and effectively 'get into the dirt'. The 'actions' of the characters when firing their weapons, in staying true to the 'Wooism' (John Woo's signature style, which I'm paying homage to in this piece), will be like dancing with no partner. I myself have spent countless hours choreographing the actions, spinning, ducking, diving and stepping just to get it right.

Now, I have a little over 3 months until shooting starts, and so I'm getting ready for the tiresome/boring typing of shot-schedules, equipment-schedules... basically, its gonna be a boring next few months. But, knowing that it's only going to help me effectively shoot this film without any unexpected 'I forgot's and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment