Mar 3, 2009

Cancellation of Revenge. And release of thescenes.

I've decided to cancel my long-awaited short film, Revenge.
I came to this decision after discussion with my actors and not coming to an agreement in order to fix the situation holding me back from continuing filming. In light of the situation, I've decided also that I will not be using children in my future action movies. This is probably for the best. I've also released a video on youtube containing the scenes I had filmed. I had a whole word document typed up for this blog post, but this computer I'm using doesn't like me much, and refuses to open the file. So I cannot give you any other info at this time.


Reguarding the scenes video

If you've followed the link from Youtube to here, then thanks for taking notice.
I never showed this in the clip, because I didn't know how to... but heres the story.

The main character returns from active duty to visit his brother, who he had lost contact with after having
an argument over him joining the army. His brother, a journalist... hated war, and therefore despised his brother
for joining and fighting. On returning, the main character finds his brother murdered after uncovering a drug ring
in town (Opening scene, guy with bag over head... gets executed). He then decides to dish out his own brand of justice...
Revenge.

After the opening credits, I wanted to have the main character just walking through the town, and have him narrating
something along the lines of what I mentioned above. This would bring you up to date on the story and have some idea of
what's going on.

While I don't want to give to much away (I still have the script, and its a good story... so I can still use it in the
future), That is the general idea of the movie. What I thought would be simple and easy to shoot ended up being a headache.

I shot the "opening scene" in about an hour, and the river shootout in 3. Editing both (seperately) took about a day (combined).
The river shootout was my first major shootout that I'd edited. All gunshots and sounds are digitally edited in, and I
really had to be patient editing them all in.

Music, as I always tend to do, was found on Newgrounds.com and provided by Xerxes Sango and MaestroRage. Both very talented
in composing battle/buildup sequences. Thanks to both, and please check out their stuff!

Movie was shot with Nokia N95, as with Lovers Poet and Suicide: A Broken Heart. I had shot craploads of footage for
the shootout scene, but it was a windy day and it messed with the camera heaps... so most of what I shot ended up
screwed because it was so shaky. I edited it all in Sony Vegas 8, as I have done with all my recent work... and all
gunshot/bullet hits/ricochet effects (not sounds) were provided by Action Movie Essentials (made and sold by Andrew
Kramer... www.videocopilot.net). Thanks Andrew!

Actors were: Patrick Veech (young boy, blue shirt), Skye Veech (Tallest girl, she was the character Nikita... the drug
lord -stands in the middle, executes the prisioner), Laura Dooley (Revolver weilding, short fry girl) and of course
Myself (I was the character refered in the script as "god". The main character).

That is all the information I can give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment